People with a learning disability can get extra support from us by being on the GP Learning Disability Register. We are able to offer:
- Reasonable adjustments such as longer appointments, quieter waiting areas, appointments at certain times of the day, support to successfully access health interventions such as immunisations, screening, blood tests, etc
- Information in accessible format
- Annual Health Checks from the age of 14
- Free annual flu vaccination
Annual Health Checks
Every year we will invite you for a health check that might include:
- Physical check up e.g. height, weight, blood pressure, blood test, urine sample etc
- Talk about any concerns you may have
- Provide support with medication
- Provide support with immunisations
- Provide support with any other long-term conditions
- Overall support with health and wellbeing
Please complete our learning disability pre-appointment questionnaire before your health check. You can find it here.
You can watch this short film about Annual Health Checks and why they are important here.
More information about Annual Health Checks can be found on the NHS England website here.
Please click here to visit a website called Jo's Trust which has lots of information about smear tests. This is for women between the ages of 25 and 70 only.
'Check your Balls'
Please click here for an easy read guide on checking your balls (testicles). This is for men only.
Check your Breasts
Please click here for an easy read guide on checking your breasts.
Please click here for easy read information on Bowel Screening. This is for men and women over the age of 60.
Please click here for easy read information on AAA Screening. This is only for men who are over the age of 65 years.
Periods and Menopause
Please click here for easy read information on periods. This is for women only.
Please click here for easy read information on menopause. This is for women only.
Please click here for easy read information on contraception.